THE PART V

 PART V


After two hours, he called me on phone and said that I should start coming to the office at once that something came up. When I asked him the nature of the thing that came up, he said that it was serious. So, I told him that I was not interested. He persuaded me and I made a u-turn because I was already on my way to Mama Nkechi's shop to buy sugar cubes and garri with which to hold myself together after that I had slept for several minutes after that I had returned from the office in utter shame. So, I returned home, changed into a pair of trousers different from the one I was wearing and made out with my ATM card (as if there was something inside). Yes, I am that kind of person that could be without money and still tell you that I was operating something called "cashless policy." So, there was no need to see money on me. In fact, I did not know how to get to that office again. I could have asked,Ezeguy to send me airtime of N500.00 so that I could sell it and get on a bike but he said that it was urgent.


So, when I saw that empty pick-up van coming, I knew that it was an opportunity. So, I jumped in and stayed on a low until I got to the junction that led to the company's address and I jumped out with ease! By the time I got there, Everybody was already at the reception waiting for me!!

Could I be dreaming? No. This is not happening. How could God have remembered me in such a wonderful manner? I mean, this is an office that I just left few hours ago as a nobody. Coming back now to face a team of about 50 men and women, neatly dressed and were just waiting for me to walk in and start the show as Ezeguy had told them that I was good at creating comic scenes as he had worked with me on few occasions and could bet on my ability to make the show go well. It was an end of the year party that had just being urgently announced and they were all smiles waiting for me to take up the mic but before I could do that, Ezeguy had already jumped onto the stage and started shouting, "Jappa! Jappa!! Nzeakor, Jappa !!!"

Comments

Popular Posts