Back To Base
6. Back to base..
When Ezeguy and I returned to the city, things went well until I lost my car!I had to walk all the time and most of the time, I request free rides or pay to board other people's vehicles.
We became so intolerable that people began to wonder if we could ever get along well but we managed to. Since we had no other source of livelihood, we went to the compound always.
‘’Now, listen up everybody!‘’ I said one afternoon that we got there.
‘’Since you all have decided to build your own houses and become landlords and landladies with all the mouth-watering offers that PWAN HOMES LTD is giving out, I will show you pepper. ‘’
‘’How do you mean, Sir?‘’ One tenant asked me. I did not even see his face clearly because he or she was wearing a facemask that covered both his mouth and some parts of his eyes. So, I just managed to respond.
‘’Currently, they are giving out discounts, bonuses and even free plots of lands for people who would subscribe to some plots of lands in their various estates.‘’
‘’Wow' ‘’ The tenant reply.
‘’It's not a matte of sayig Wow, just take actions.‘’ I answered.
‘’But Landlord, I don't have money!‘’ Another tenant chirped in.
‘’Then, remain my tenant.‘’ I said.
Everyone laughed and we closed the meeting. I signalled Ezeguy and he brought my brief case that contained nothing and we left.
This we did every day untill some them started complying. All I needed to do was let them know that some of them can become landlords or their own and see what I am seeing.
But some of them could not understand. They thought I was wicked.
Mtcheeew.
Comments
Post a Comment